Midwest Regional Sales Manager (IL, MN, WI, IA, NE)
Oliver Winery, the largest privately-owned winery in the eastern United States, is seeking a Midwest Regional Sales Manager. We are looking for a passionate individual with experience in wine sales who is excited to play an important role on our sales team. You will be surrounded by hard working, success oriented individuals, state of the art winemaking equipment and high quality products. Job Description
The Midwest Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the successful implementation of strategic sales plans for the Oliver Winery portfolio through wholesale distributors in IL, MN, WI, IA, and NE.Key Job Responsibilities
Selling, Sales Plan Development and Execution:
• Take the lead in developing market-level plans.
• Manage distributor relationships to achieve brand goals and meet company’s financial objectives.
• Negotiate pricing with distributor management.
• Develop and execute market specific promotions (distribution, displays and new products).
• Conduct meetings with distributors to improve product knowledge and sales execution.
• Monitor execution of programs and pricing; taking corrective action where required.
• Manage distributor’s inventory of POS materials and programming budgets.
• Conduct regular business reviews with chain accounts and wholesalers to evaluate distribution, sales and program status.
• Call on key accounts, chains and independent buying groups with and through distributor sales personnel to expand distribution and develop new sales opportunities.
• Manage the implementation of shelf schematics and merchandising of products according to company brand standards.
• Manage promotional budgets and expenses to plan.
• Monitor, anticipate, report and respond to competitive activity.
• Support local and out-of-state tasting events.
• Investigate and resolve service issues.
Communication and Administration:
• Report to SVP-Sales market activities, accomplishments and opportunities followed with a plan of action.
• Maintain accurate records regarding distributor profiles, organizational structure and competitive brand alignments.
• Communicate market programs and objectives with Oliver management to ensure proper alignment with overall company goals.
• Follow up with wholesalers on execution of programs and expectations. Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 3-5 years of experience on the supplier side of alcoholic beverage sales.
• Ability to maintain a flexible travel schedule.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• A strong interest in wine and winemaking.
• Because of the nature of this position, all candidates must be at least 21 years of age to apply.
Position is full-time, salaried with benefits. Schedule is primarily Monday-Friday. Travel, evening work and some occasional weekend work will be required. Salary Information
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Jessika P. Hane, Human Resources Director
8024 North State Road 37
Bloomington, IN 47404