Confession: We have a new crush. Actually a dozen of them—these Moscato pairings for a Galentine’s Day gathering. With a low ABV and fruit-forward flavor, our Moscatos are made for bringing friends together.
We love any excuse to gather the girls and clink glasses to friendship and fun. That’s why Galentine’s Day is circled in pink on our calendars. This year, we’re serving Lemon Moscato with festive finger foods that complement the bright, effervescent flavor that comes from real fruit juice. This subtly fruity Moscato’s low ABV content promises hours of hang time, so make sure to have plenty of its edible soulmates on hand. Here are some suggestions.
For a Dessert Board
- Divinely delicate lemon-rosemary shortbread cookies pack a surprising amount of flavor. Here’s a recipe for whipping up a batch with simple, everyday ingredients in an hour (remember, you have to chill the dough).
- Cupcakes, cake pops, bundtlets—yes, white cake is a finger food. You could choose any subtle cake flavor to balance with Lemon Moscato’s airy fruitiness. A light color is a good guideline.
- Fluffy cheesecake bites are a perfect match for moscato’s light effervescence.
- For some color, scatter the board with juicy, tart candies, like wrapped Starburst pieces and the classic message-bearing Valentine hearts. Lemon Moscato, will you be mine?
For Noshy Nibbles
- You’ll love lemon with a hard, dry snacking cheese, like a manchego or Sartori BellaVitano. Parmesan or asiago crisps are another option.
- If you’re doing a movie night, the minimal seasoning of simply salted popcorn is preferable to heavy butter and syrupy caramel.
- According to the Baker’s Almanac, the best nuts to pair with lemon include almonds, hazelnuts, pecans, and pistachios. For a fancy option, we love this recipe for toasted rosemary marcona almonds.
- Healthy hummus is a natural friend to Lemon Moscato because lemon is a key component of Mediterranean cuisine.
For Shareable Starters
- If you’re feeling Mexican, skew tropical—like mango salsa and white-corn chips, or grilled-fish tacos topped with a bright slaw.
- The basil on margherita flatbread has the brightness to pair with Lemon Moscato.
- For wings, go with something tangy and Asian-inspired like honey-sesame chicken drummettes.